Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"Zone Out"

Ok so i been really really "Zoned Out" Too!!! Just like Sister Houston!!
so i am gonna go back a few emails and try to get back on track!! It might take a few days (or weeks haha) to get this done so hang in there with me!! thanks

Email from Sister Houston:

September 7, 2010

Hello Family,

I'm alive! Yesterday was "Zone Out" P-day! They do it once a year. We got up bright and early and travel out to Hiram, Ohio, about 2 hours away. We had a spiritual message from President and his wife then we were split up into groups to do a bunch of fun missionary games, had some yummy lunch, did relay's and played more games. It was fun. We even did a tour of the Johnson Farm! It was a quick tour so I didn't really get to see much of it or take pictures. I did see the room where Joseph and Emma were sleeping when he was dragged out by the mob....Elder Dalton, one of the senior missionaries gave the tour and when he was telling this story the spirit was so strong! Such a neat experience. I had never heard the story in so much detail. Can you imagine being tarred and feathered, beaten so badly and still having the desire to get up the next morning to share the gospel??? I don't know maybe its just me being in my missionary mode but this to me shows what kind of man Joseph was because that's exactly what he did.I hope I get to go back again!!
Well I didn't get to write any letters and I am emailing on my lunch break so I don't have to much time. Man I miss you guys! I'm so sorry I haven't been able to write you very detailed emails of the experiences I've had in the last few weeks. I can't wait to share them with you! Can you believe that I'm on a mission?? I still forget sometimes what a sacred calling I have, way more then i should. Your mind has to constantly be on this work and others! I'm learning so much about my self and what Heavenly Father is expecting of me but over all I'm doing good. How is everyone back home?? I haven't heard from you guys in a while. Write me!!!I love you family! Thank you for being such great examples for me. Next Monday I promise will be a better email.....I will be sure to share some experiences I've had!
Love you!
Sister Houston

PS I will try to send pictures home next week

No comments:

Post a Comment