Sunday, October 24, 2010

hhheelllo ffamiillly iittts mmeeee

so you notice the last email of sept she was having some nice Fall-like weather!! haha poor thing!she is in Ohio with a little white sweater!! that not gonna work!! so i packaged up her wool coat and put it in the mail right away!! It will keep her warm until the snow and sleet comes then she will have to get a warmer coat and boots!!
I so love this girl!!! she is an inspiration to me and her family!!

Email from Sister Houston
October 4, 2010

Yup I real cold!! heee hee that was my attempt to chatter in my typing.....i know i a dork

But really I real cold!! My little cream coat isn't doing much for me any more. Its freezing!! Rain plus wind plus 50 degree weather no no no no not fun at all. I've been living in my one long skirt and those black tights you got me mom. Thank you by the way.
The Relief Society President, Sister Morgan, she so funny. She asked me if I had any warmer clothes, i say no and the next Sunday she came to church with a Happy Birthday bag with a couple turtleneck sweaters....even though I dislike turtlenecks very much. They make my neck all claustrophobic and turtley ya know but I'm sure if i freezin my bum off i will wear them. It was kind of her!! She also told me and Sister Stewart to go check out a couple stores too that are suppose to have cheap warm clothes so that's what we are going to do today hint the urgent email i sent right before this. I was hoping someone would be on so I could ask if it was ok if i spent a little money on some warm clothes. I hope it is. I wont buy a snow coat or boots...I'll just see how much they are and then let you know k. I think my coat will due for now! Thank you for sending it!!!! Today I just hope to get warmer skirts and maybe some tights to keep my leggies toasty.
My heart is pretty sad. We've been told that the summer was the hottest and driest its been since the late 1800s so the leaves probably wont turn as drastically as they usually do. Stink huh....
There are a few trees changing here and there but it looks like Arizona leaves, that yellowy brown lookin color. Its been raining the past few days so i still have hope! I'll get to see one more Autumn before I go home and maybe you guys will to if you come pick me up!!

Ahhh I love you family!!! Wasn't General Conference great??? I thought about you all!! I was sad I was missin out on the girls night during priesthood session but I guess I didn't miss anything. Thats a bummer mom but I glad you and rocky had a good dinner at Jack n the Box!!! In two conferences I will join ya k!!

This conference just made me love the gospel so much more. Its hard to explain. My heart and my mind were in the right place and each talk just answered so many of my prayers. Made me so much more grateful for the wonderful family that I have too and the opportunity to be on a mission.
Did you like how President Monson opened the Saturday morning session up with the great responsibility we have to do missionary work???!!!! I thought of you little brothers the entire talk. You better be getting your bums ready to go! The Lord needs you!
Its hard to tell you which one I liked the most because Im pretty sure I loved all of them!! I did appreciate Elder Hollands story of the sacrifice his parents made so that he could go on a mission.
I love you mom and dad!!!! Thank you for letting me have this experience even with money so tight and things happening left and right. I know it was unexpected for me to go and I had zero money to pay for my self but you still were so supportive. You have know idea how grateful I am for you!!! I know that you will be blessed because of it.

Joselyn was even able to come to the Sunday morning session! After we asked her how she liked it and she said "it was awesome!!! I thought it would be just a bunch of boring talks but no it was AWESOME!!!" We invited her to come with questions and concerns on her mind and promised that they would be answered and guess what she said every one of them were!! heehee seriously its like she is already a member of the church! This is rare really and I get to be a part of it!!! She is what they call GOLDEN or what i like to call a GOLDEN EGG! heehee
Oh and by the way we set a baptismal date with her!!!! OCTOBER 23rd!! She is so excited. She so funny. We asked her how she feels and she says to us "pure happiness"!
Now we just teaching her all the required lessons and helping her prepare for her special day!

Can you believe transfers are in a week and a half?? Next Tuesday will be my p-day and by Monday night we should know what is going to happen so I will let you all know!
Well I better go. I love you all so much!!! I hope you are all happy and healthy!!

Love,
Sister Houston


P.S. Remember as you apply the things our inspired leaders shared with us this conference we will be blessed and filled with happiness and peace even when life seems crazy!! We'll know what to do no matter our circumstances!!

No comments:

Post a Comment