Sunday, October 24, 2010

TRANSFER WEEK

Wow this is Tori's 3rd transfer and she gets to stay put in Norwalk for awhile longer!! she is so excited!! she is sad to have Sister Stewart leave but really excited about her new companion! Next week we will see who it will be!!

Sister Houston email
October 12, 2010

Hi family,
Yes I am alot warmer! I did get my coat. Thank you!! It will be perfect for fall! This week has been in the 70's. Perfect weather for me! You just never know with Ohio weather...one week freezing the next not so freezing. I don't really know what to do about clothes. The stores just don't have long, warmer skirts out right now so I guess I'll just wait and try again later. I'll let you know if I need you to send me anything. Thank you for the CD's too and the cute little note books! They are great!

So are you ready to hear about my crazy week???

I don't know if I ever told you but my district consists of 5 sets of missionaries including me and Sister Stewart. One of the sets are sisters which has been awesome because there are not alot of full pros sisters mostly just elders so we got lucky. The sisters who have been in our district are Sister Henry and Sister Pelfrey. Sister Pelfrey has been real sick with severe food allergies. Basically she is allergic to everything from gluten, dairy, meats, eggs, raw fruits and veggies, etc. Poor thing was living off of rice cakes and peanut butter. They have been doing all kinds of tests to figure out whats going on with her body. She could never hold any thing down! She has been out 7 months and has been fighting this for about 5 so her, the mission president, and Heavenly Father of course decided it was time for her to go home and focus on getting things taken care of. Anyways so we get the news Monday night that Sister Henry, Sister Pelfrey's companion, will be coming to stay with us in Norwalk until transfers which is tomorrow by the way! Sister Henry came out at the same time as me. She is awesome and its been so fun being in a triple up with her and Sister Stewart. Kind of crazy but fun at the same time!!
We found 3 new investigators too! We haven't been able to find a new investigator this entire transfer so we were pretty excited to find 3 this week! I'll have to let you know how it goes with them.

But anyways so last night we got the call and guess what???

I GET TO STAY IN NORWALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Stewart is getting transferred. She is so sad to leave the area!! She got really close with alot of the ward members and she might not get to see Joselyn get baptized. I feel bad :(
It's going to be so different.......I'm pretty scared not going to lie. Scared to be here with out her, she just gets people and just connects well with everyone who we have been teaching from less actives to investigators. I just not so good with it :(
We'll just have to see what happens. I am really glad to be staying full pros still.
So tomorrow we'll drive 2 hours to transfer meeting in Kirtland and go from there.

Yesterday we met with Joselyn. Her baptism is in 2 weeks!! And I get to be there!! Yay!!!!

She says to us "its weird i don't know how to explain it but i just don't have any interest in the movies or music i use to watch and listen to and i try really hard everyday to think about what i am doing to see if it is pleasing to Heavenly Father"...yeah seriously she is unreal. She tries to get her hands on every lds church book she can find, finished the Book of Mormon on CD and now is starting to try and read it. With her medical conditions its hard for her to focus but she is doing great!
Of course Satan is always there! Little booger. She has been facing some trails one being that her dad on sunday went to the hospital for chest pain. He is doing fine just has water around his heart i guess. It scared her though. She said to us yesterday she was having doubts about her baptism wondering if it is really what she wants but no worries we were able to help her see it was the adversary and to invite her to keep reading and praying. She is so happy. Im so excited to be able to be a part of her batism.

Anyways I better go....I wont have time I dont think to write any letters because we'll have to clean and do everything to get ready for transfers but I wanted to thank everyone for there letters this week! I loved them even Hunters little note!! heehee I will write next week for sure!

I love you family! I hope everyone is doing well! Write again soon.

Love, sister houston

No comments:

Post a Comment