Thursday, October 7, 2010

Everyone's A Child of God!!

I love hearing about the investigator stories!! Tori just has the funniest way of telling her stories about them!! Enjoy!! So everyone is a Child of God even red necks!! haha

Email from Sister Houston
September 13, 2010

Hello my wonderful family!
I'm sorry I haven't written a good email home in the last few weeks or haven't had any time to write anyone letters!! How are you all doing??? How is life back home??? It's been forever since I've heard from anyone! I hope you are all doing fabulous. I have the bestest family ever!!!!

Well....I am doing good. The work is great. It's hard at times. This last week especially. The worlds a messed up place! There are quite a few less active members and even investigators who we are teaching and everyone has there individual needs and concerns, everyone is going through something different. I feel like because of my tag and who I represent these people look to us for help and for answers! Its overwhelming for me. I never know what to say or how to help. Knowing me you know I've never been good with people in general so you can imagine how difficult this is. I'm grateful for this experience though. It's helped me see what a follower of Christ is suppose to do, everything that he did when he was here, help and uplift others, serve.....I hope I can learn to love the way he does and make a difference in others lives. That is where I will truly be successful in my calling.
Our one investigator with a baptismal date moved back to Michigan. I don't think I ever told you about Jesse Peterson. He was being taught by the missionaries for quite a while in Michigan, then moved here to Norwalk back in February. The Elders before Sister Stewart and I came were teaching him and then we took over after they were transferred out. Oh Jesse....how do I even describe him. Well he is as red neck as it gets, long greasy hair, one big front tooth, smoker. He was so funny though! At one point we asked him to set a date to stop smoking and he did. So me and sister Stewart would call him everyday to see how he was doing. One time we called him up on the phone and Jesse say "Close your eyes." I am think what the heck why would he ask us to close our eyes he cant see us.....then Jesse say's "What do you see?" Sister Stewart and I look at each other so confused and trying really hard not to laugh. Then Jesse says "Thats how many smokes I had today!" Heehee it was so funny. Kind of shows who Jesse is but yeah he moved back to Michigan. I got a picture with him and one of his daughters so next time I send them home look for it. The work is going good though.I love you family! Miss you all so terribly and I wish you all a good week!
Crazy that its already the middle of September. Yesterday marked me being out 4 months! It's getting kind of chilly here in Ohio. The leaves are barely starting to change. I can't wait to see fall!! Not to sure about winter yet...maybe when i get the chance to go get clothes to keep me warm I will heeheeOh, Dad and Chase I am trying to study the priesthood. I want to understand it more simply....if you have any advice or simple explanations, analogies, etc, send them my way k!!
love,
Sister Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment