Monday, October 3, 2011

SO MANY WAYS TO SHARE THE GOSPEL

Well i apologize for posting these last few emails in such a rush. But time is flying by! Tori will be home in 24 days!!!!! YES 24 DAYS!!!!! this time i am counting....haha so that means only 4 more emails left to post! When she gets home i will probably turn this blog over to her so she can post some of her latest pictures. And of course i will get her homecoming pictures on too!! So enjoy her last few emails of her mission life!!

WOW so they have introduced the new program to chat to people who get on the mormon.org to the Kirtland sites. It is so amazing what the world is coming to these days, technology wise. I think this will be a wonderful blessing for the Kirtland sites to have available.


Sister Houston's email:
September 27, 2011

Hey family!
Oh my my my......what a week. Sorry i didn't email yesterday. We had a mission p-day. We were given permission to email today during lunch since we didn't have time yesterday. Sister Gamble and I of course are here at sites. Usually its not a problem to email here but they are changing all the rooms around. Anyways, needless to say its been a crazy day. So many changes are happening here in Kirtland! Exciting changes....a bit overwhelming....but exciting. I guess there has been a few missions around the world that have been testing out Chat on mormon.org. What is Chat?? Anyone who whats can go to mormon.org and click chat. It takes them right to missionaries! There has been success so guess what.......they sent it to us in Kirtland! Awesome huh. Tons of people are wanting to Chat and the last two weeks they've been training all the sisters on how to use it. Unfortunately Sister Gamble and I haven't had an opportunity to get trained in it yet since we are only here once a week. Wow! I feel so blessed to be in this mission. I get to be in a mission where we have the opportunity to share the gospel in different ways.....in my area, giving tours, calling on phones and now chat! So cool. What a blessing this will be to the world! Gosh this Gospel is soooo true.
Well....i don't have much time....sorry.
We've been teaching Barbara one to two times a week. I think I told you last time how much of a talker she is....and thinker. Well...Sister Gamble and I were a bit overwhelmed. We werent quite sure what to do for Barbara. We fasted and prayed for help. Last night we met with her again. We answered questions about her book of mormon reading which lead into her praying about it. There was one verse of scripture that she said she kept going back to. She didnt know why but it just spoke to her. The Spirit is so real! It was amazing to see it working with us in that lesson. All of us, Barbara included. Although she still talked a lot, Sister Gamble and I felt such an overwhelming peace. We helped Barbara recognized the subtle changes taking place in herself. We tried to help her recognize that the Book of Mormon was strengthening her Faith in the Savior giving her a yearning desire to know more! She kept saying "I just want to learn more. I don't know why I just want to learn more." It was so cool!
The Book of mormon is true! I know God is aware of us all and that we can receive greater spiritual power through fasting!
Well i better go! I love you all so much. Dont forget to write me :)

Have a wonderful conference weekend!

LOVE,
Sister Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment