Sunday, October 2, 2011

FINDING JOY

Sister Houston's email:
September 19, 2011

HELLO FAMILY!
Well, mom i hope you made it home safe! Sounds like you had a good time. And justin is a stinker....of course im not mad at him. What a goof. Im really not suppose to email anyone but my parents and siblings. I will write him back no worries. Theres just not always a ton of time to write letters on p-day!! How was every ones week?? Mine was good. I just finished reading Coltens email. Man so many missionaries get sick! Its crazy. and no mom im not really feeling any better. I actually feel worse.....sorry. I'll tell you more in my letter home. Anyways, what a week. Its so cold already!!!! Its been in the 50s and 60s this week.....brrrrrrrrrrrr. I so not ready for it! Wow the trees are changing already too! That im excited for. Arizona is going to be.....so.....plain compared to all of this. But that's ok. At least it wont be as cold as OHIO!

Sister Gamble and I met with Barbara twice this week! She is doing good. Oh my does she talk ALOT! We've been having trouble getting out of the lessons on time. A normal lesson is suppose to be no longer then 45 minutes. A Barbara lesson is about an hour and a half to 2 hours! We've been wanting so badly to teach her the plan of salvation the last few times we've seen her. She has so many questions about life and this plan will answer all of them! The problem is that when we start teaching she'll stop us and say "Now wait just one minute.....you said what?" Usually that leads to a completely new topic. It can be stressful but through it all my testimony of the power of the spirit has been strengthened. Often promptings come as quiet subtle thoughts. If im not careful i might not catch them. Sister Gamble and I have to rely on the spirit or our lessons go know where! We have witnessed the Holy Ghost work through us and also the members we bring every lesson. Even though it doesn't always go the way we hope, it always turns out ok. God's the one who knows her and what she needs. Barbara is so passionate about finding out what her purpose is in this life. Its inspiring! She's been through so much and wants to know what God wants of her. She's pretty amazing.
Well, unfortunately i better get going. We have much to do today :)
Family, I love you all! Thank you for everything. Thank you for your letters and emails. Thank the other Houston family for me too :) They mean so much to me. God has a plan for each one of us. One of our purposes in this life is to find joy! You make me happy family. Strive to strengthen your relationship with God and Christ. I know that as you do that you will find who you really are, you'll find the greatest joy. i hope you all have a great week! Be safe.

Love,
SISTER HOUSTON

ps happy birthday hunter!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment