Sunday, October 23, 2011

How many DAYS till I see YOU??



some fun pictures of Kirtland and other areas of Hiram













Sister Houston will arrive home on Thursday October 27th.


Homecoming will be on Sunday October 30th at 9am


YES......its true only 8 more days till The Sister Houston is home...... This could be her last email because i am not sure she will be able to email home on transfer day which is wednesday and she will be home on Thursday

Soooo i hope you all have enjoy her blog as much as i have enjoyed doing it. When Tori gets home i will update everyone on her homecoming and anything else necessasary.

Thanks to all you fellow followers for your love and support.



Sister Houston's email:

October 19, 2011


HELLO FAMILY!!
oh gosh i seriously cant believe i only have a week left. i never thought this day would ever come! Its come way to fast. So many wonderful things happened this week. First off, yes the sister that is flying home with me came out with me too! She's just a full proselyting sister thats all. If i remember right she sat right next to me in the plane ride to Ohio! Oh Sister Henry! She's from California. AND guess what!!!! We had a nice little surprise on Monday at sites. Sister Andersen came and spent half the day there!!!! Her companion is training so she had to go to a meeting with the other two kirtland sister who are training and Sister Andersen came to sites to hang out with us. What an awesome blessing huh! She hadn't been back since she left Hiram four transfers ago. Yesterday was my last training meeting with the Sisters. I was given the opportunity to share my testimony. Of course i cried. I such a BABY! I thought for sure by the end of my mission i would master that!!! nope not at all.
Barbara is doing fabulous. She came to church on Sunday. It was the primary program and oh my she loved it! We had met with Barbara on Thursday and had an awesome lesson with her. Ok so I can't remember if i told you or not, but we've been struggling to get Barbara to pray out loud with us. She even struggles with saying vocal prayers on her own. She has grown up saying them silently to her self so thats all she's ever done. Anyways, every time we meet with Barbara we always plan to address the issue and try and get her to pray with us but we never ever have any time left! She talks so much! We would ask her but she would always say no. We have talked once or twice about it before and she said she would try to pray out loud on her own. So.....we go over, ask how her book of mormon reading is going, teach the word of wisdom and at the end of the lesson i had asked the member to say the closing prayer. Barbara raised her hand and said "actually...i would like to say it. i would like to give it a try" WHAT? hahahaha it was so cool!! i felt really dumb for not even asking her if she wanted to pray!! Silly me. Her prayer was simple. It was sincere and heartfelt. The spirit was so strong. It strengthened my testimony of heavenly fathers love. He loves her so much! I finally told her after the prayer that im leaving :( she was sad. I was sad. Im so happy for her! Im so happy I had this amazing opportunity to watch Barbara become converted to the Gospel. I watched her prayers being answered and felt the spirit testify to her through Sister Gamble and I. The Book of Mormon is true. The more she reads it the more she wants to know and she's understanding things so much better! She's knows more about the Savior then she's ever known before.
Ahhh well family i better get going. i love you soooo much. im excited to see you in.....8 days. I know this gospel is true! Jesus Christ lives.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

LOVE,
Sister Houston

PS Sister Gamble and I started a new game in the car.......its called "guess the road kill" heeehee its actually pretty fun! you can never mistake a skunk no matter how run over it is :) they still stink horribly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment