Sunday, August 7, 2011

VERA IS BAPTIZED!!!

Sister Houston and Sister Morrell are truly blessed to be a part of Vera's life and to see the changes happen to their family and hopefully they will be a forever family!! Heavenly Father truly opens doors for these sweet sister missionaries





Sister Houston's Email:
June 21, 2011

Hello Family,
Well, transfer news is here. Im staying in Hiram with Sister Morrell. Im surprised. Its a happy surprise! Im grateful to be staying. I love the area, the ward and of course the Johnson Home.
Some more happy news....Vera got baptized!!!! Everything worked out perfectly. She had her baptism on Saturday the 18th of June and then was given the Holy Ghost and confirmed on Father's Day. It was a beautiful baptismal service. There were many from the ward who came to support her as well as co-workers/friends most of whom were non-members. President and Sister Sorensen even came! Vera is amazing. I cant even put into words how incredible this gal is. She's been bombarded with temptations and opposition so much. Even the day of her baptism. One of her teachers that works for her researched online about Mormons. While they were at the school on Saturday he had approached her and asked if she was sure about it and kind of challenged her about our beliefs. Vera didnt let it effect her. It helps that she has members that either work for her music school or are students there. She has so much support and strong friendships with a lot of people. Its a blessing. I think i mentioned it already but Vera is a concert pianist. Very musically talented. Her and another man, James Rhodes, played two beautiful musical numbers at the baptism. She was on the piano. He was on the Violin. Her blessing on Sunday was powerful and her family was there to hear it, Christophe, her two step sons and her daughter. Her husbands heart is softening and he's been right next to her supporting all the decisions she's been making. It was a very spiritual and uplifting weekend. My heart is so full. Im so humbled and grateful for the many opportunities I've had this week to feel the sweetness of the Spirit. I have a testimony of missionary work. Of my purpose.
I came across this quote this week. Elder Oaks says it perfectly "We invite all to come unto Christ by repentance and baptism and confirmation in order to open the doors of the celestial kingdom to the sons and daughters of God. No one else can do this" This is the message of the Temple! Now Vera and her family can prepare to go!
Its been a good week. Full of spiritual experiences.
My testimony of the Spirit has been strengthened. Its the sweetest feeling anyone can ever feel. When it touches the heart, hearts are changed. Its evidence of God and Christ's love for us. The darkness and despair we may feel in this life can be replaced by the light of their goodness which is felt through the spirit. It brings the sweetest joy. This scripture describes it perfectly Alma 19:6. One of my favorites! I love you family. Im grateful for all your prayers and your support. I think of you often. Continue to be great examples for those around you! Be missionaries!! The Lord will help.

Im happy to hear that Mitch is doing well. and my sweet Colten :) Im sure there the best missionaries ever!
I hope you all have a fabulous week!! Write soon!!!

Love you,
Sister Houston

PS I have a funny....when i was in the phone room yesterday. I left a message for a member to call us back with the number of there non-member friend. At the end of my message I was about to say "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen" Heee heee oh my goodness i was so embarrassed! Thankfully i stopped my self before i said it!!
PSS Yes please forward me Mitchells and Coltens emails!! I would love them! Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment