Sunday, August 21, 2011

MY NEW BABY......SISTER GAMBLE

Sister Morrell






goodbye to Sister Morrell.....Tori will miss you!!! good luck in your new area!!


Tori had a camera problem about this time!! It decided it wanted a drink of orange juice....not such a good idea!!!! bad camera....so i had to find a camera and get it sent to her as soon as possible. i am not sure when she will be able to send more pictures! soon we hope!!


Tori kept her new companion alive the first week....can't wait to hear more! Hopefully Tori will help her out if she ends up with two different shoes on ....since that is her area of expertice!! hee hee


Sister Houston's email:
August 8, 2011

hi family!
I've survived my first week as a trainer! Woohoo!!!!!!
Sister Gamble is still living as well. She seems pretty happy too. Thats a good sign right :)

What an amazing person Sister Gamble is! I've only known her a week and I already love her so much. She has a powerful testimony and such a sincere desire to do everything she can to be her best so that the Lord can use her to bless others. Im grateful for her example. She's from Farmington, Utah and is the baby of the family, has two older sisters and two older brothers.
Its been a good week. Im not to stressed. I remember my first transfer on the mission and how flustered i was and how inadequate i felt....remember my shoes!! :)
My heart is soooo full. I feel closer to Heavenly Father. I've been trying my hardest to help Sister Gamble stay unflustered and adjust to mission life. Although....it might make me feel better if she walks out of the house with two different shoes hee hee just kidding no no no i dont want that.
We've had great teaching experience. Sister Morrell and I met with Jim last tuesday. We finally set a baptismal date with him!!! September 18th!!! Sister Gamble and I met with him again last night. We taught the first part of the plan of salvation and answered questions he had. Jims still on fire with the book of mormon, continuing to pray, coming to church and last night he went to another fireside. The struggle im having is helping Jim recognize answers to his prayers and the blessings he's receiving, helping him recognize the spirit. Im not quite sure how to do it. He's expressed how he feels good after praying and reading, but he's not recognizing that as an answer. Yesterday at the end of the lesson I asked how he's feeling about baptism, how his prayers were going. He said he wasn't really sure. Sister Gamble and I shared Gal 5:22 with him...."the fruits of the spirit are joy, love, peace, goodness". As Sister Gamble testified of how these feelings he has are of the God the spirit came flooding into the room. You could see his countenance change! I love these experiences. It always reminds me why im out here. I pray Jim will continue enduring and eventually he will understand. We have one more meeting with him and then he's off to Wooster College on Friday. Its only about an hour away so Im sure he'll be around.
Well i better get going! I loved Mitchell's email. Thanks for sending it to me. You can learn so much about the gospel and about Christ by the example of others. Always remember your blessings!!

Thanks for everything and for all your prayers! I feel the power of them everyday! Have a great week.

LOVE,
Sister Houston

PS Hunter enjoy your first day of school!!!!!!! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment