Sunday, August 21, 2011

TRAINING THE TRAINER......

Sister Houston's email:
August 2, 2011

Hey family,

Its been a very eventful and excited week for me. Sister Gamble is flying to Ohio as we speak! She will be my new companion as of tomorrow :)
Im sad to see Sister Morrell go. She is the most amazing person EVER! I've learned a lot from her. I've learned a lot from each on of my companions. They've all helped me come to understand my purpose!!
Last Tuesday i had a trainers meeting at the mission home. Oh my how awkward i felt being the only sister among 12 elders and President basically all day. Sister Morrell went to another area and Sister Sorensen was busy working around the house. ha i felt silly. It was a fabulous meeting despite feeling silly. What stuck with me was how each one of my comanions helped me to get to this point where the Lord could entrust me with the sacred responsiblity.
Im excited to meet Sister Gamble tomorrow. Nervous of course but very excited. I received a priesthood blessing from Elder Edman yesterday. He's the Site Director for the Historical Sites. I know the priesthood is the power of God. The same power used to create the heavens and the earth!! Im grateful to know i have access to it. It brings me so much comfort and peace. Thanks Dad for allowing us to grow up in a home with the priesthood!!
Missionary work is the best family! There is a lot to learn about my purpose still. The more I understanding, the greater my gratitude is for this opportunity. Heavenly Father is helping me see that my purpose as a missionary is the same purpose i should carry with me through out my life. Its something i will carry with me into the eternities!!!
Have i told you about Jim yet??
I dont think so.
Jim is our investigator as of two weeks ago. He is awesome! Jim has been coming to church for over a month with his girlfriend and her family. Sister Morrell and I have been keeping an eye on him :) We waited until his girlfriend would invite him to meet with us. It all worked out in the Lords timing. We've met with him a few times now in the members home. He has great questions and has a sincere desire to learn what this is all about. He's already up to 1 Nephi 15 in the Book of Mormon!!!! Yesterday when we called to confirm our appointment for tonight he had so many questions and said that as he's been reading and praying he's felt good. He can see the difference in his day because of these simple small acts of faith. This last weekend he also had an opportunity to go to youth conference. Ah its been such a great experience teaching him and helping him to receive a witness from the spirit that this is all true! That God has a plan for him!
He hads back to college on the 12th of this month but he'll be back to visit some weekends. The missionaries down there will do great in helping him prepare for baptism!
Well i better get going! We have lots to do today to help Sister Morrell get ready for transfers. I love you family! I hope you all have a fabulous week!! Be safe!!

LOVE,
Sister Houston

PS thanks dad and hunter for my letters!!!!!! Im pretty sure I smiled all day yesterday :) its true ask sister morrell

No comments:

Post a Comment