Sunday, August 21, 2011

NICE SURPRISES!!!!

Tori had a couple nice surprises this week!! The first was her grandma Alice, Aunt Melanie, and Benjamin stopped by the Kirtland sites on their way home from seeing family. She was so excited to see them! Thanks to Melanie for picking the right day to go to Kirtland. Tori is only there on Tuesdays!! lucky or fate?
The second surprise is that Tori was asked to be a trainer!! yipee!! I really don't think she thought she would do be a trainer! But i am so happy she is having this oportunity to help this new sister missionary feel the strong spirit and love that Tori has for this work! She only has two transfers left!!

Sister Houston's email:
July 25, 2011

Hey family,
Its been quite an eventful week!
Maybe you already know but I had a nice little surprise come to me on Tuesday!!!! Ha K so i was up stairs working on the phones. Sister Gifford, one of the senior couples manning the down stairs called up and asked for another companionship to do a tour. Sister Morrell and I had already had one earlier. Then just a few minutes later she called back up and said "Sister Houston.....can you come down stairs? ......We need to make a change." ummm...ok what does that mean? I obediently and nervously went down stair with Sister Morrell and.... SURPRISE!!!!! I see Aunt Melanie, Grandma Alice and Benjamin sitting on the couch!!!!!! What in the world are you doing here???? Thats literally what i asked hee hee
What a great day! It was so fun to take them on tour even though i was nervous, well more nervous then usual. I think they enjoyed it :) If the Spirit was there it was good right??
Grandma was so cute. When Sister Morrell was doing one of the rooms she stopped and raised her hand and started talking about how her mom raised her in the gospel and what a good thing its been for her life! Man I love my family so much! How excited for Jessica!!! Do you know if she got her mission call yet??? Please let me know as soon as you can. I want to know where she is going. Maybe Kirtland.....
I also have some more news....
Saturday evening we went up to Kirtland to have a dinner with all the senior couples and sister missionaries. It was to celebrate pioneer day. President Sorensen and his wife were there. At the end of the night President pulled me aside and asked if i would except the calling to train......
yup train......
me training......
Transfers are not until next Wednesday. There is only one sister coming out and 10 Elders. It took me awhile to be ok with this. I think I can do this.....hopefully :)
oh man im so nervous but what a great opportunity to help this sister come to understand her purpose as a missionary for the Lord.
Its been a great week. Im sorry this email is so short. I had to write my mission president and it took me forever!!! Now we need to go make bread :) im excited. Sorry that means I probably wont be able to write any letters today but i promise i will do better next week! So if you don't get any letters please forgive me!!!

Family I love you all so much. I hope your doing well. Cant wait to hear how Hunters doing and Dad stop being silly. I cant spell either so i will be able to read your letter i promise!!!

I know this gospel is true. Its so comforting to know that we have a purpose in this life!! I'll leave you with a quote Sister Everson sent me:

"What Does It Feel Like to Remember Your Soul's Task?"
When the deepest part of you becomes engaged in what you're doing, when your activities and actions become gratifying and purposeful, when what you do serves both yourself and others, when you do not tire within but seek the sweet satisfaction of your life and your work...you are doing what you were meant to be doing. The personality that is engaged in the work of its soul is buoyant! It is not burdened with negativity. It does not fear. It experiences purposefulness and meaning. It delights in its work and in others. It is fulfilled and fulfilling!
-Gary Zukav
Always remember who you are as children of God and members of Christ church. Everyone has a purpose to fulfill! it will bring lasting happiness and sweet joy into your life!!! Strive to fulfill it!


LOVE,
Sister HOUSTON


No comments:

Post a Comment