Saturday, May 28, 2011

HAPPY EASTER

Here are a few pictures that Tori took when she went to Hiram and the John Johnson Farm before she was transfered there. Now that she has transfered there hopefully she will take alot more pictures!




Sisters at the Johnson Farm
Sister Houston in front of the John Johnson Home

A room in the Johnson Home




Sister Houston and Sister Andersen


(dont know the tall sister's name)


Sisters on a tour at the Johnson Farm



Sister Houston's email:


April 25, 2011

Hey family!
Happy Easter!! It was a fabulous day for me and from the sounds of it, it seems it was a great day for you as well. Elder and Sister Edman and all the senior couples put together a nice Easter dinner down in Kirtland. We even had ham! For dessert, Mitch's favorite...strawberry shortcake! Thank you so much for my Easter box! I got it last Tuesday. Perfect timing. My family is so good to me :) Sister Andersen says so too. She says thank you!
Well, this week we walked A LOT. The weather was yucky minus one day of nice warm sun shine....no tornados though hee hee sorry Mitch. No worries though apparently May and June are the season for the tornados! Sister Andersen and I are trying really hard to be diligent in all that we are doing. We need people to teach. Like i always say there out there we just have to exercise our faith and find.
We had a pretty amazing experience with Bro. Gibson. Yes another one! Awesome huh...
On Wednesday we finally set a baptismal date with him!!!! This is another huge step. A step in the right direction. We have done soft baptismal commitments up to this point just inviting him to follow the example of Christ and to be baptized but haven't been able to set a date. He's been very very hesitant and always kind of just laughed and joked that we are determined to get him into that water! Well duh of course, right!! Silly man. Sister Andersen and I both knew that we needed to set a date with him and every time we would have a lesson we never felt right about it. We always went into the lesson planning on setting one but things just never worked out....either because we had a member that liked to talk alot or we just didnt feel like we should. We never could figure out why it never worked out but after Wednesday i knew it was because the Lord knew he wasn't quite ready. All week Sister Andersen and I had tried to find members to come with us. After we did everything we could think of at the last minute we found two, Bro. Marra and Bro. Garcia who both are converts to the church. They were perfect for Bro. Gibson. They shared with him there experiences and reasons for being baptized. Bro. Gibson has had some crazy experiences in the past with baptism...crazy experiences! Because the spirit was there and because of the members, after the lesson he had soften up a ton. We set the date for June 12th! I know that Bro. Gibson is gaining a testimony of the Gospel because of the Book of Mormon. Sister Andersen and I have seen people gain testimonies but slowly start to loose them because they became lazy in there Book of Mormon reading. There is a powerful spirit and protection that comes from reading this book! Bro. Gibson is awesome! Now we just have to get him to stop smoking....I'll let ya know how that goes next week :)
Well family, Im grateful for this opportunity to be on a mission this Easter. What a perfect chance to come to know Jesus Christ better! Its become one of my favorite holidays. I know who my Savior is more then i ever did. I love him for being willing to make possible the plan of our Heavenly Father. Its through him we can become spiritually alive again! Its tough work trying to represent him in all that I do, 24/7 but its changing me to who I need to be for the Lord. I hope I can accomplish everything he needs me to!

I love you family! I can't wait to talk with you in a few weeks! I hope everyone is doing well and being safe!

Love,
Sister Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment