Saturday, May 28, 2011

Strengthening My Testimony!!

Sister Houston's email:
April 11, 2011

Hello my wonderful family,
Its the sweetest missionary ever, according to mom any way :)
I'm doing wonderfully. I love this area and I love the opportunity to be with Sister Andersen.
Its been another good week. The Lord taught me a couple of much needed lessons. First i have to say how grateful i am to be serving in a visitor center. There is something so powerful about a group of sisters who have been set apart to represent the Lord getting together, teaching, being edified by the spirit, sharing and hearing testimony. I realized that this week at our training meeting with all the kirtland sisters and the site directors, the Edmans. I loved the way Sister Edman put it....I'm rubbing shoulders with some of the most righteous women! I really am. My testimony has strengthened so much because of the people im around, because of the testimonies they have, there diligence and love for the lord.
Remember Carl Gibson who I told you about last week? Well, we had an awesome lesson with him yesterday! The member we brought with us was perfect for Bro. Gibson. He really showed that he cared about his life, about his job, his family. It helped him so much!! It was the most comfortable, smooth sailing lesson i've been apart of. Nothing that we did of course. The spirit was with us all. It guided the lesson to where it needed to be. We taught about the plan of salvation and at the end we had asked him how he was feeling with all of this, about the plan, the book of mormon, praying. Bro. Gibson said that he's noticing that he's been thinking about his life in a different way and thinking about things that he's never really thought about before. He also said that he sees a change in him self...a subtle change but a change! That is so huge for him! Usually when he's been asked how he's felt or if he is seeing a difference he always says no. Yay!! Bro. Gibson is continuing to read the book of mormon despite the challenges in his life and although he hasnt been doing personal prayers he's been "thinking" about it through out the day which is good! Its a step in the right direction. Now its just getting him to do it! I'm beginning to understand the concept of learning line upon line :)
Well I hope you are all doing wonderfully and hope that when i head to sites tomorrow my mail box will be full of letters from you!! :)
i love you!! I know this is the gospel of jesus christ!!!
Have a great week and be safe. Have fun in Vegas too and tell everyone hello for me!!!

Love, Sister Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment