Saturday, May 28, 2011

TRANSFER TO HIRAM OHIO

This is in Hiram Ohio where Sister Houston will be serving for the next six weeks


Sister Andersen and Sister Houston

They were companions in the MTC and now they get to be companions almost a year later!!!


so as you can see i am way way behind again!!!!! It seems that when Mitchell recieved his mission call i have been in a whirlwind of trying to get him ready in the 8 weeks before he was to leave.......he left on the 25th of may so now i will sit down and get her blog updated. sorry and hope you enjoy the next few emails from her. This is a transfer email and she has moved to Hiram from Solon and has a new companion!!


Sister Houston email:

April 4, 2011


Hey family,
My heart is so full....
What a great week its been! Yes, thats right. I'm in Hiram. Hiram, Ohio! Hiram is usually an area where we would be serving at just the Johnson Farm, not Kirtland, but over the slow months its only the senior couples that serve there. Its a bummer that its still not open for sisters, but i'm hoping i can stay next transfer to! It will definitely be open then. As of right now i'm still serving in Kirtland. I went from two days a week being in Solon to now only one! I'm kind of sad about that and worried. I still need A LOT of help giving these tours especially since the busy season is coming! I'm grateful for the this opportunity to be in Hiram though and know everything will work out for the better. Not every sister or senior couple in this mission gets the opportunity to serve at the Johnson Farm. Heavenly Father is being so good to me. Not only have i had the privilege to go full pros AND serve in Kirtland, I get this great privilege to serve in Hiram! And guess who my companion is????? Sister Andersen!!! Yes! My MTC companion, well one of them any way. Crazy Crazy I know! We were not expecting this at all. I love her. She has already taught me so much that i'm so grateful for. She is diligent and hard working. She's constantly thinking about others and what she can do for them. The person she is inspires me to be better! And we get to hit our year mark together!!! Not that I want the year to come but it will be awesome to spend it with her.
Wasn't conference amazing??? I loved it! and I get to take this message to Ohio!!!
This last week we met with a couple investigators sister andersen and sister carver found tracting.

One is Carl Gibson. Carl is probably in his mid 50's, lives alone, is very private about his family and past. They have been teaching him for about a month. Carl has been searching for a church for years but He's had bad experiences. He works in construction and his clothes are kind of beat up and grungy. When he would show up to a church like that they would complain so finally he went out and bought a nice white shirt and tie. The church he showed up to in that complained that he was to done up! So he stopped trying...
When the sisters showed up he was willing to listen and now is almost done with the first book of Nephi! He reads every night and really loves it. He doesnt always comprehend what he is reading but he always asks questions!
Our experience with Carl on Thursday broke my heart. It was my first time meeting him. We watched the restoration dvd and talked about prayer and how to recognize answers to our prayers. We tried to explain the feelings that come to us through the spirit and we really wanted him to recognize them. At the end of the lesson we all knelt down and he said the prayer asking Heavenly Father if this was true. It was a really sincere prayer you could tell by his tone of voice and the things he had said. We sat there in silence for a couple minutes. The spirt was there. Sister Andersen and I both felt it! He was honestly searching to feel something. Sister Andersen asked him what he felt and he said....nothing!!! I was hoping for him to say he felt Somthing but nope he didn't feel anything. it was so hard to leave on that note but we promised if he kept praying like that and searching to feel the spirit he would feel it and he would know it with out a doubt.

This work is so hard! Its hard to see people not know how great this is and to see them not accept it but its even harder to see when they are sincerely searching like carl that they can't recognize it. I know he'll find an answer. The Lord has his timing for everything.
I love that I have this opportunity to search and ask God how to help these specific people we are teaching! It's brought me so much closer to him and the savior.
This church is true family! Its the best thing we can ever have so share it with those around you!
I miss you all
Have a fabulous week!!!
Write soon.
I love you!!!!

Love, Sister Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment