Tuesday, July 5, 2011

ALMOST MOTHERS DAY!!!!

Ok so i need to apoligize to everyone about getting so far behind on Tori's Blog!! please forgive me!! i am sure most of you know that my son got his mission call and only had 8 weeks to get ready so, thats my excuse....its a good one right? well anyway been getting him ready to go and then he left and then summer was here and well i could go on and on!! so needless to say i am 2 plus months behind!!! urg!! so i am gonna get her emails posted and try to get caught up soon!!so i hope that you all will come back and get caught up too!! Thanks to everyone for all your love and support for Tori while she is in Ohio serving a mission!! and a big thanks all of you who gave your love and support for Mitchell too! Shalyse set up a blog for him to so be sure to check it out and see how he is doing!!

Sister Houston Email:
May 2, 2011

Hey family,
Ha i get to talk to you again in less then a week! Kinda weird to me that its already been about five months since i last talked to you. Im not really sure what time I'll be calling. We have church from 10:00 to 1:00. I think Arizona is two hours behind us so since you have church from 9:00 to 12:00 i will probably call between....hmmmmm i have no idea.
Ok so let me explain my thoughts...hopefully they make sense....we can skype again but the problem is that the members we live with dont have skype or any kind of video chat. I have to see if I can find someone in the ward who would be so kind to let me use there computer. If i do find someone, I'll have to go over to there house when its convenient for them of course especially since its mothers day....the problem being that i have know idea when that would be. If I don't, then I can call whenever...late afternoon or evening. Hmmmm...not really sure what else to say about me calling hee hee sorry doesn't help much i know. Maybe when i figure things out i can call even if you guys are at church and I'll leave a message saying what time i plan to call so you kind of have an idea. About Skype....i would hate to have you set it all up and go through all the trouble if things don't work out but i guess that i will leave up for you to decide :) Hopefully this makes sense and its not all mumble jumble....
Anyways, we had another great week with Bro. Gibson. Remember I told you last week the next step was tackling the word of wisdom with him. Well...we sure tackled it alright! heehee Sister Andersen and I have been praying that Heavenly Father would soften and humble his heart and that he would be prepared for this lesson. Bro. Gibson is a heavy smoker and a coffee addict! My goodness! Really though not an exaggeration. He said his normal coffee intake for the day would be about six cups. Thats a little bit much right? Well, the lesson went pretty ok. I know it was a ton for him to take in but the Lord provided us with the Spirit and with another member that was yet again perfect for him. Sister Lewis had quit smoking a while back. She told him that every time she would have a craving she would get on her knees and plead for strength. Exercising her faith to pray is what got her through it. The amazing part about that night, was how well Bro. Gibson excepted this commandment. He understood clearly that this is what Heavenly Father needs him to do. His heart was humbled. It was kind of hard for us to have to pri into his personal life and ask those bold, deep questions of what of the word of wisdom he has problems with and how much he smokes and how much he drinks etc etc etc....ha boy has heavenly father strengthened me!! hee hee It ended up being pretty awesome by the end because we had made a plan for him to slowly cut back so he can make his baptismal date on June 12th. He's been doing great with it so far! Lots of Hot Coco he says :)
Anyways, as of other things happening....lately Sister Andersen and I have been striving to talk to EVERYONE we see in sight, everyone that Heavenly Father puts in our path. And you all know how much I Love to talk right hee hee. Well, the longest length of time we tracted this week was on Saturday. It seemed everyone and there dogs were out doing yard work....seriously! It was a nice sunday day. Perfect for yard work....and missionary work. We ended up tracting most of the day and by the end of the night oh my i was seriously socially exhausted!! I didn't know you could get socially exhausted. I just wanted to crawl into my bed and not talk to anyone for a long long time :) hee hee poor sister andersen. its ok though she felt the exact same way. It was a great opportunity for us and we found a few potentials that we pray work out. I've learned that it takes passion and determination to find people to teach. It takes all of you...literally. And as we exercise our faith, we'll gain the Lord's trust and we'll see miracles.
Well, I should stop blabbling...
Transfers are next Wednesday, the 11th. So we should find out Sunday or Monday if one of us is being transferred. I'm not sure when my p-day will be next week...sorry. Its either Monday or Tuesday.
I love you family! I hope you all have a fun fabulous week! Talk to you soon!!!!

Love, Sister Houston

PS Hunter...have fun at prom, be safe and smart and i hope you kick everyones bums in your fight!!!!! :) I'll be waiting for your letter

PSS Mitch I so excited for you!! I hope things work out this week for you to be able to go to the temple! Can't wait to find out how it all goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment