Tuesday, July 5, 2011

ONE YEAR OLD!!!!

We sent Sister Houston some flowers for her "YEAR MARK" I can' believe she will be home in 6 months!! You go girl.....we love you and are proud of you!!


Isn't she just a Beautiful angel....(she gonna shoot me for saying that haha)




Hello to Sister Morrell




Good bye to Sister Andersen


Sister Houston's Email:

May 16, 2011


Hey family,
Well....im almost complete with the first week of transfer 9...less then 4 to go! Its been a good week...quite stressful trying to take over an area I've only been in for 6 weeks. I do have an amazing companion that has been so patient with me! You already know her. Its Sister Morrell....the one that was sniffing the concrete steps at the Johnson Farm :) heehee Yes she is one of a kind. I love her! I got to know her pretty well when I was in Solon. We saw each other almost everyday...served in the same ward, had member dinners together, drove together down to Kirtland on our site days, etc etc. I was pretty excited to find out that she was coming to Hiram with me. She went into the MTC last September and has been serving in Twinsburg since she arrived in Ohio back in October. Hiram is her 2nd area. She is from Eden, Utah which is up north by Ogden. She is the 2nd oldest of nine kids. Her younger brother is serving in New Mexico right now spanish speaking! So......Sister Morrell is a little youngen heehee she just barely turned 21 in December...two days before my birthday! How did Sister Morrell get to come out on a mission as a 20 year old?? hmmm...well...its a long detailed story...im not sure if i even remember all the details but to sum it all up...her family is currently living in Iraq. Yes Iraq. Her dad apparently supplies the water for the military out there. Her and her brother were getting ready for their missions around the same time. So everything kind of just worked out to make it all a little more convenient for their family. Its a pretty cool story. She is quite the happy person, always has a smile on her face. She keeps me on my toes :) its definitely hard to get discouraged around her. Heavenly Father apparently knew i needed that. Im excited for this next transfer.
Oh and guess what? Starting this coming Saturday we will be serving at the Johnson Farm!! Woohooo. We get our schedule tomorrow at training meeting so I'll know more details then but as far as I know every Tuesday we will serve in Kirtland and then on Saturdays we will serve at the Farm. Pretty cool.
hmmmm...well im not to excited to tell you about Bro. Gibson. We saw him on Wednesday. Had a great lesson with him again about the Godhead. Bro. Allred, one of the members in the Hiram ward, came and he really helped us out alot. Bro. Gibson was even down to one cigarette!! We committed him to come to all of Stake Conference this last Sunday which was AWESOME by the way. It was broadcast from Salt Lake with Pres. Eyring and Elder Ballard and a couple others who spoke. He was even planning on staying for a baptism of one of the little boys in the ward that was right after. Well, we called him up Thursday night to see how he was. Apparently he had a rough day at work. Because of all the stress he went back up to a half a pack of cigarettes. no buen. I was heart broken. The Lord provided a way for us to see him that night. As we were on the phone with him finding all this bad new out, we were on our way back from an appointment that ended up not being there. We were pretty bummed about that because we had picked up a member to come out there with us, Sister Garcia. But, since we arent aloud to go in his house with out another women, it was all perfect because we decided to stop by and see Bro. Gibson with Sister Garcia. We talked with him and shared some videos on mormon.org. It seemed to give him a nice spiritual boost. He did better for the next couple days and even when we talked with him Saturday night he still planned on coming to church. Well, He didn't come. We haven't been able to get a hold of him which is unusually so we hope everything is ok. Im worried but know that the Lord is aware of us all. He is aware of him, of this area and he's aware of me. We are continuing to see everyday the Lord's hand guiding us in this work. He's providing me with strength to bare these heavy burdens. So many!!
Saturday, Sister Morrell and I were walking out of the Higley's home after having lunch when a little van pulled up with my flowers you sent! Ha tricky family!! hee hee It was perfect timing! Like I said, i know the Lord is aware of us all! They are beautiful and were exactly what i needed. I love you family. Thank you so much for all that you do. For all of your prayers and encouraging words. I need them more then you think. I feel the power of them everyday.
i hope everyone is doing well and has a fabulous week! Mitch your getting close!!! I wish you luck on your talk on Sunday. I was going to write something for you but i don't think i will have time :( sorry. i was asked to do a little talk in training meeting in front of all the Sisters tomorrow and im a little bit frightened...ok alot a bit frightened. I'll be spending most of my p-day working on that. I will be thinking of you though!! Im proud of you and everything you've accomplished and will soon accomplish! Make sure to let me know how it all goes!
Tell all the family coming in to town that i love them MUCHO!!!!! and miss them a ton!!!!
and don't eat to much :) hee hee

I love you All

Love,
Sister Houston

PS. Hunter, woohoooo good job on your fight!!! Write me soon!!!! Love you.
PSS Ha that is so awesome about Cameron. Give him a big hug for me!!!!! I wish i could be there to go through with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment