Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A NEW YEAR with NEW GOALS

Sister Houston's email
January 4, 2011

HELLO!
Another transfer is coming to a end....this has been the HARDEST one yet, but I have to say that i am grateful for this struggle only because I am coming into this new transfer and new year with a different set of mind....
I get to stay here in Solon for at least six more weeks and well...Sister Lee is being transferred. Its a good thing (I know not a very nice thing to say but i can tell you more details in my letter of why i feel this way)....I'm sad things were rough for both of us but I know this is the best thing for us and the area. I definitely stressed and worried...i know, when am i not :) hee hee. I still don't know the area very well or my way around and me and maps....not so good, but hopefully my next companion with be patient and we can learn the roads together!
Its been an ok week. We are really struggling to find people to teach. The Standard of Excellence for the mission have increased. As a mission whole we are setting our goals higher specifically of the number of lessons we have with investigators with a member present. They raised the standard from 4 a week to 8 even for us site sisters with less time in our area!! Its a struggle to even find investigators. Sister Lee and I have been struggling with meeting these goals...our numbers have not been so good. I've been praying my little heart out for help and have worked extra hard. Through out the week i've been blessed to see the results in many ways. Our numbers were not the greatest but they were the highest Sister Lee and I have had since being together. I've learned alot about the importance of setting goals this transfer. Of course this work is not about the numbers and who gets the highest...but as we prayerfully set these goals I am more determined to stretch my self and do everything I can to fulfill the will of the Lord. I know with the Lords help and alot of hard work and prayers, we will be able to see this area grow!! You may not recognize me when i get home....i may be a little bald or perhaps I'll have some grey hair....hee hee
I love this work. I love this opportunity to grow as a person in my character, my testimony and my way i look at the world and the people in it. I think I am beginning to understand my purpose as a missionary a little better :)
Anyways, we finally were able to teach Dwain and Desiree and their kids again this week! YaHoo!!! Its been 3 weeks since we last met with them. Sister Rust, a member from the solon ward came with us. We taught the plan of salvation for the first time. It went ok. Honestly i think they were overwhelmed with all the new things they were being taught. They were a little quiet about it but we invited them to pray and ask Heavenly Father for understanding. We are hoping this next Sunday they will be able to come to church again.
Other then being kissed by a big, fluffy dog while tracting and almost hitting a deer driving home last Sunday.....thats about all thats happened this week. On to another one!!!!
Im excited for this new year. Its going to be a great one!!! I hope everyone is doing well.Remember my invitation i extended to you!!! Keep praying to know of someone ready for the gospel or to meet someone that is....be ready for it because it'll come!!! I pray for you every night family!!! I love you all!!!

Love,
Sister Houston


Happy Birthday to Sister Houston!!

She was 23 on December 17th..... We sent her a box of goodies and she even made her own birthday cake!!




No comments:

Post a Comment