Saturday, February 12, 2011

NEW COMPANION

Another Transfer and Tori is staying in Solon but she has a new companion
Sister Lyman from North Carolina. It seems to me that time is flying by! I know Tori is really starting to realize that her time is going to end soon and she has so much more that she wants to accomplish. Hopefully this next 6 weeks will be a successful one!!

Sister Houston's email
January 12, 2011

Hi family!!
It does feel like forever since I last emailed you. Its been a slow week....transfer weeks usually are. hmmmm....why is that?? Its been a week of adjustments for both Sister Lyman and I. Let me first start off by introducing you to my new companion.
Sister Lyman is from North Carolina, has been going to school at BYU for the last few years, getting her degree in piano, who i have to say is an amazing piano player and singer. She is the oldest of six, her dad grew up in the church but her mom was a convert at the age of 18. She is the sweetest thing, so proper and soft spoken and an awesome awesome missionary. She always wants to do her absolute best and is such a great example for me. Im pretty sure that i am going to love serving here with her! Your probably thinking why in the world would the Lord put two quiet, soft spoken sister togther....well i not really sure heehee. Maybe its what we need but I'll be sure to let ya know when i figure it out :)
Well, lets see...
My my my....this area is a hard and difficult area to find new investigators. As far as i've heard its always been that way. Oh man does heavenly father know me so so well. He is testing me so much in so many ways!! Im grateful for struggles though...maybe not at the time but its the only way Im going to strech my self out of my comfort zone. President has been focusing alot on "PURPOSE" and trying to help us missionaries understand our purpose in a way that is more then just knowing your a missionary....its hard to explain. I've noticed since serving here that i am coming to understand more fully what is expected and required of me.

Well aside from the fact that we havent been able to meet with Dwain and Desiree, Sister Lyman and I found a new investigator!!! Yay woohoo!!!!! Its been forever! His name is Michael, he is a deacon in the Baptist church that he's been going to forever, very very involved and active in his church. We met with him for the first time on Saturday. He has a family too!!! Even better. We haven't met his wife yet. Shes in the Bahamas! They have 4 kids from 24 to 11. The three older ones are all moved out and the 11 year old we met briefly on saturday. Things could go good with Michael. We are really praying for them. He said that he usually doesn't met with other church members but recently hes had questions about life that he hasn't been able to find the answers to! As far as Dwain and Desiree, we've talked with them over the phone a couple of times but thats all the contact we've had since our last lesson with them. I pray for them everyday and hope things turn around for the better.
Well I better get going....sorry no exciting news or stories for the week!! I love you family so much!

Love, Sister Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment