Thursday, January 13, 2011

CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER

Well Christmas came and went and now on to a New Year!!
Hopefully full of exciting times for Sister Houston!!

Sister Houston email
December 29, 2010

Well hello again my wonderful family,
poor poor dad....not fun at all :( i hope you are feeling better by now! and HOPEFULLY it wont be a repeat of last year where it spread like wild fire!! heehee
This morning i was reading the message by President Monson in the New Era that was sent in my christmas box. He said that as he was thinking about his past Christmases he realized that there is no other time of year that "yields as many poignant memories as does Christmas". Although last year was....hmmm....eventful with very "poignant memories".....this Christmas was one of the best for me and one I will never forget! I can whole heartedly agree with President Monson when he says that "the Christmases we remember best generally have little to do with worldly goods, but a lot to do with families, with love and with compassion and caring..." I was able to feel the Spirit of Christmas this year more then I have ever before. Im grateful to have been thought of by so many!! It was a perfect Christmas...even though I was away from home. What better way to spend Christmas remembering Jesus Christ then by being a missionary!!!!
Sunday was pretty fabulous as well! We haven't been able to teach that family I've been telling you about, Dwain and Desire for three weeks. They've called and cancelled but we have kept in touch over the phone. They planned on coming to church on Sunday but I didn't really think much of it. Its hard to get anyone to church even when they are being seen every week. So that morning we got a call from Desire asking for directions to the church. What the heck!! We frantically called a few members in the ward to ask if they would come and say hello. Off to church we went...we waited and waited....and right after Sacrament meeting started they showed up! ALL OF THEM!! even the kids! They only stayed for sacrament meeting because Desire had to work but when i talked with her last night on the phone she said they loved it. The ward was so good with them. Many people came up to introduce themselves. Yahoo!!! First Sunday was a success!! We have another appointment set up for Saturday morning....i really hope it goes through! I'll keep ya posted.
New years eve we are heading back to Kirtland for ANOTHER feast....:) We'll spend the evening there and then head back home to be in bed by 10:30! I think this will be the first new years I wont see midnight. Its ok though I don't think my poor eyes would be able to stay open that long anyways. Then new years day we will just be workin like crazy missionaries to find and teach!!
Well I better get going. I love you family!!! Thanks for being amazing to me, for all the support and prayers. They mean the world to me!!! I lucky to know so many wonderful, amazing, fabulous people!!!!!!!!!
I hope everyone has a fun new years and remember to continue to pray about someone that we can call and offer a missionary visit!!!! I know that if you sincerely do this Heavenly Father will bring someone to your mind!!! He is preparing people every where!!!

LOVE YOU,
Sister Houston

PS Next week is transfers so p-day is on Tuesday, i think.
PSS Mitch keep reading that book of mormon!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment