Thursday, January 13, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

This is the email i recieved a few days before Tori's birthday!! I can't believe she is 23 years old!! wow that makes me....oh never mind...lets just say wise!!!
We recieved a couple more emails the next week, which were surprises cause she wasn't suppose to talk to us until Christmas! Hopefully in her next batch of pictures there will be some of her on her birthday!! She had a wonderful day but missed being home with the family!!

Sister Houston email:
December 14, 2010

Hi Family!!
Your probably wondering why in the world i am emailing on Tuesday this week and not Wednesday.....well....I had a follow-up appointment scheduled yesterday in Norwalk and so our sites day on Monday was switched with our P-day on Wednesday. Unfortunately I wasn't even able to go to my appointment or get the chance to even email!! There was a crazy blizzard and we got stuck in doors ALL day!!! Not to fun....so today Sister Lee and I are taking our lunch break to send a quick email home.
Ok so amazing story!!! A few weeks ago Sister Lee and I were tracting and we came to this house that had a bunch of crazy kids running in and out. One of the kids went in to go get his dad, Dwain. Dwain comes to the door, we tell him who we are and immediately he says "yeah, come on back. Here's my number"...ok so we leave not really thinking much of the situation. Probably just someone else trying to get us off there door step, right. Well my my were we wrong. Oh my goodness this family is amazing!! Dwain and his wife Desire have 5 kids from ages 11 to 5. Our first time teaching them, about a week ago, we walk in not expecting to teach a family! A family!! We just thought if anything it would just be Dwain. The entire family sat in on the first lesson. The kids even were paying attention. The lesson went well. We were definately over whelmed because it through us for a little loop. I left thinking maybe they were just expecting like a bible study. They said they were looking to get back to going to church for there kids but our last lesson with them just last weekend went so awesome!! I think this family has great great potential! We watched the Restoration DVD and the spirit was so strong!!
They were definitely the high light for the week!!! Im so excited to continue to teach them and hopefully things will keep going well!
Well i running out of time....next time you hear from me will be on Christmas! Thats my P-day next week. I not sure what time I will be calling. We have breakfast in Kirtland and then after that we have the day to do whatever. Im thinking maybe afternoon. Write and tell me when will be best for you!! I love you guys so much and can't wait to talk with you!

i hope everyone has a fabulous week!!!!

Love,
Sister Houston

PSS HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! I SO OLD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment