Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Where is Sister Houston emailing from????

Tori did get her transfer!! She is in Norwalk!! Sounds like a Heavenly place to be!!
Here is Tori's email about her first week (almost a week) in her new area!!


Tori's email:
July 26, 2010

Hello my wonderful family,
I miss you!!

So are you all ready to hear what happen to me???

Wednesday Sister Stewart and I spent all morning packing and cleaning to get ready for transfer meeting at 11:30. Like I said in my last email, we got the call on Sunday that we were both being transferred but no one ever knows where or with who until that morning at the meeting only those who are training are told on Monday which area they will have but not who there companion would be. The new sisters all came in Tuesday and stayed over night at the Mission Presidents house. Then on Wednesday, everyone who got the call that they are being transferred meets over at the stake center where the new missionaries meet their trainer and everyone else finds out where they are going. Since all the ten Sisters who are training knew which area they would have, Sister Stewart and I found out on Monday that Sister Barker (one of the sisters training) would be taking our area, Willowick. Well anyways long story short, I was so nervous because I had know idea what was going to happen to me. I just got comfortable with the area and now I was getting transferred to who knows where and everyone had a pretty good idea that Sister Stewart was going to be transferred out to go to a full proselyting area so I figure we aren't going to be staying together....long story but we knew there where big changes coming because with all the new missionaries coming in there weren't enough areas so we knew that they had to open up a new area, or put a companionship at full sites or full proselyting....anyways hopefully this is making sense.

So we get to transfer meeting, sing a song, a few of those going home bear there testimonies and then the Zone Leaders get up and announce the changes.

"In Norwalk, Sister Stewart and Sister Houston."

Where is Norwalk you ask??

Well family, for at least the next six weeks I am now a full proselyting missionary. Norwalk is about an hour and 45 minutes away from Kirtland. The area is huge!! It covers all of Norwalk and a few cities to the north, east, south and west. So after transfer meeting they give us a GPS and stick us in the car and on our way we go hoping that "Sally the GPS" would get us to our apartment.
We made it though!!
Sister Stewart and I are what you call "white washing" an area which means that two missionaries who have never been in the area come to serve (maybe dad and chase can explain it better).
The Elders before us I guess were not doing so hot one even went home early, we dont know details but yesterday at church the Bishop of the ward told us he had a talk with the Mission President and said there has to be a change and to send over his two best missionaries!! Can you believe they sent me??? Basically we are starting from scratch searching for those who the Lord's preparing and trying to contact the many many less actives who have lost there way. The last few days we tracted a total of 9 hours!! Its hard work but I am so humbled that the Lord would put me here and give me this opportunity out of all the missionaries. I love these people already and want to do all that I can to help them! I am praying really really hard that the Lord will help me become the person I need to be and to have the abilities to teach the gospel as best I can! Its been hard but I can't even explain how many miracles I have seen in the last few days.
The ward is so excited to have sister missionaries! They haven't had sisters for over five years! I even had to give a talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday!!

The second night we were here we even had a tornado warning! Sister Stewart and I were called by the elders and ward mission leader to go camp out in the closet under the stairs! Yes I was freaking out but its ok no tornado just alot of rain and lightning. We only had to stay under there for a little while and then went up stairs to bed! Hopefully no more tornados!!

I love you family! I don't know if any of you wrote me this last week, but I got mom's letter she wrote on the 18th and dads letter too. If you did I hope the Visitor Center forwards over my mail!
Well I will write you letters today so expect them sometime this week. Oh and thank you for finding that talk for me!!! Tell Becky thank you too!!


Love you all,
Sister Houston



OK so thats my girl!! Isn't she amazing? only out 6 weeks and doing full-time proselyting in a new area!! I knew Heavenly Father was gonna bless her! She is amazing! Hopefully she will find those that are looking for the gospel! Sounds like she might need some new shoes soon! :) I know she will miss being in the Kirtland area and being with the sisters there, but hopefully she will get to go back again sometime before she heads home!

Well keep up the good work Sister Stewart and Sister Houston!! We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment