Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Transfer!! Do I Stay or Go??

These will be the last few pictures of the Kirtland area for now!
Tori got a call on Sunday saying she would be transfered on Wed July 21st
Where will she go??


These sister's are trying to spell the word "Kirtland"
Great job girls!!



If Tori gets moved out of the area i know she will surely miss the friendships she has gain in the last 6 weeks!!

This is part of her email she sent expaining the transfers!
July 19, 2010

Hello my wonderful family!

I hope everyone is doing well! I just read your emails Mom and Shalyse and have a huge smile on my face! I love you family! Every story you tell, every advice you give, seriously everything you guys write makes me so happy!! You always have the perfect things to say, everyone of you, in your emails and letters! I wish you knew how much you help me and how much you inspire me to do better and be better!!

This week has been crazy. I think i say that every week but every week is crazy heehee! So I explained last week that transfers are on the 21st, this coming Wednesday, and so schedules have been changed around for the last two weeks because so many sisters are being trained to train the ten new sisters coming in. This week we were at the Kirtland sites for four full days, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and after church on Sunday. Tuesday and Friday we had half day at sites and the rest of the day in our area. Friday was a busy busy day at sites. I wasn't there but I heard that there were about 1800 people who came through and a couple even knew me!! One of the sisters told me on Saturday when I went in to sites that someone from the ward came through asking for me. She couldn't remember his name but she thinks it was a scout master. Do you guys know who it was??? And then that same day Caitlin Owens moms friend came by and left a note for me saying Hi!! She said they told her to look for me here! How fun huh! I'm sad I missed them! It would of been fun to say hi to familiar faces! On Monday night after p-day ended we went to the Emma Festival which is a celebration that the Community of Christ puts on every year to celebrate her birthday. It was held in the Kirtland Temple and the Community of Christ church put on a program all about emma. The sister missionaries were asked to sing a few songs so we got to sit in the choir loft (i think thats what its called) and sing! It was so fun to just sit there and think about everything that took place in the temple and being right where Christ appeared!! I still havent comprehended all that took place here in Kirtland but it is so awesome to be serving in such a sacred place where so many things happened! I can't wait to learn more!
Ok so I am so nervous for transfers. On Sundays before the Wednesday transfer someone will call you and tell you to pack your bags. Not everyone will get a call so if you don't then your basically staying with the same companion and the same area. If you do, you pack up all your things and then go to a transfer meeting on Wednesday where they will tell you where your going and who you'll be with. You could still be with the same companion and the same area you just might be in a different house or even just move into a different room in the same house. So yes guess who got a call last night to pack there bags?? Me and Sister Stewart! I am so nervous because I have know idea what is going to happen. I could change companions, change areas, be called to full sites or full proselyting, or just move down stairs to another room or just another house! Its crazy! and I wont know until Wednesday!!! I didn't fall asleep until like 1:00 this morning and had to be up by 6:00 so i really sorry if this email doesn't make any sense heehee i really tired :) Im going to be packing and cleaning all day today and I wanted to write letters to everyone and send out like 8 birthday cards!! I will let you guys know what happens on Monday though and Im really sorry if I don't get to write letters this week! I have so much to say to you guys too :(

Dad, Happy Birthday!!! I hope you are doing good. I need a letter! You better write me soon!
Mom, Thank you for the box of goodies and pictures!! What a cute family forever plaque and I love the picture of Christ! I hung them above my study desk. Thank you for all the treats and the book and bookmarks!! I have the best mom in the world!!! Sister Hill said thank you too! She loved it!
Ok so sorry this email is so random!!
I have to go now. I love you all. I love this work and know with all my heart this church is true. What an awesome blessing it is to have each other forever and to know all that we know! Keep reading your sciptures and having family prayer. I know that as you seek for the Lord's help in every decision you make he will help you and lead you along the way! You guys help me so much so keep writing!

PS I love all Chase's missionary advice!! Thank you and Dad you should send some too! I need it!

Love you family!
Sister Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment