Tuesday, March 15, 2011

MISSING ARIZONA WEATHER

ALL RIGHT Family and Friends.....Tori is needing some letters from home... she has almost been out a year and the letters are dissappearing... in fact she has made comments in her last few letters that she is missing news on the home front.... so take a few minutes if you can and drop her a quick note!! thanks so much
.......and just a quick Thank You to ANN for the comment you left a few days ago... I also enjoy "small peeks" into my daughters mission life too.... I can't wait to email her tomorrow and ask her about Elder Richardson!! PLEASE continue to enjoy her blog! Thanks

Sister Houston's email
March 9, 2011

Hi family,
How are you all doing?? I hope well! It sounds like the ward is flourishing with missionaries these days! Im so excited for Kailie and Lauren. Wow Argentina and England! They will be OUTSTANDING sister missionaries and they'll have so many great adventures im sure. Send my congrats there way would you please. Tell them its the best thing ever to be a part of!
Well.....i wish i could say winters over and spring is here. Not quite yet! Its warming up a little, but still really cold for me. One day its nice and sunny, the next snowy and cold, the next rainy and cold! Ohio has the craziest weather ever! Im ready for nice sunny, hot days. They'll come soon i hope :) Once it starts warming up, the crowds start at Kirtland! I better start getting ready for them! Do you realize family that in 2 months i will hit my year mark??????? oh my ooooh oooooh my my.....i just had a little heart attack.....ok, im ok now. Remember our nice road trip to utah and the day you dropped me off at the MTC?!?! It feels like just yesterday! Ok im done next subject :)
Well....the highlight of the week was last night. Marlayn, our investigator, has been really really busy with life. Shes been trying to get everything all situated and ready here as well as down in North Carolina for her move in just a few weeks. Sister Lyman and I have been so sad. She's been cancelling every appointment we've set! The good thing is she feels bad about it. She has told us that if we are ever in the area we can just stop by to see if shes there. Yesterday thats what we did! The light on her face after we had left made me so happy :) She was having such a bad day. Everything just seems to be going wrong with all the arrangement for this move. We had a nice lesson with her and her mom Felice about the Book of Mormon. They recognize that the only way to find peace in all this is to turn to Heavently Father and Jesus Christ. I even told them about some struggles we have been having as a family.... I think that helped them alot, to see that in life this just happens even if we are trying are best to do everything right. They know that there is something good here but they're still not quite recognizing what this all means for them and their family. They both have a desire though! Baby steps and we'll get there im sure. We're going to continue to work with them and help prepare them for missionaries in North Carolina. They said last night they would still be willing to meet with them but they wish it was sister lyman and I! :) heehee We love there family! This Thursday there is a Relief Society activity Marlayn and Felice are planning on coming to as well as church on Sunday. We hope they'll come! It'll be so good for them.
Anyways, the mission is going good. I love being able to be a part of this work. I love having the opportunity to see the gospel change peoples lives and to see there countances change as they feel the love that Heavenly Father has for them. Its a beautiful thing :)

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Keep working hard and make sure to write me!
I love you and miss you!!!!!

Be safe.

Love,
Sister Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment