Wednesday, November 10, 2010

6 MONTHS!!!!

WOW!!! really 6 months already?? doesn't seem possible!! somedays it feels like Tori just left and others it seems forever since i saw her smiling face waking up in the mornings eating her cream of wheat!! Oh she will need lots of hot cereal this winter!! I highlighted Tori's little lesson in her email this week! She always seems to know just what to say each week to make me stop and think about what life is all about!! Enjoy!!!

Sister Houston email
Nov 8, 2010

Hello wonderful family,
Its me again. I realized just a few days ago when Sister Everson asked me how long I've been on my mission that on November 12th I will have been out for 6 months!!!! Can you believe it? I already a quarter of the way done. Kind of scary to think about! I keep asking my self what I have accomplished so far.....hopefully Im accomplishing something even if its hard for me to see it! Time is going by faster than I thought. I think the winter will slow it down a little. I have a feeling its going to be a long one. Its been freezing and they say it got really cold this year earlier then normal!! On Friday it tried to snow, just flurried though. Nothing stuck to the ground and this week its suppose to be in the 60s so I will get to enjoy a little more warmth before the long winter hits. Yay! On Sunday the time changed so now I am only two hours ahead of you instead of three! I have to say it was definitely nice to sleep in an extra hour! Anyways over all its been a good week.
On Tuesday we got a text from Jocelyn's mom saying that she was admitted to the hospital. Not good I know. I guess when Dayle went in to check on Jocelyn that morning she was having a hard time breathing and was really weak. She was taken to the ER and they admitted her with possible pneumonia. She was then life flighted to the Cleveland Clinic where she usually goes to get all her medical things done for her health problems. Jocelyn was scheduled to get surgery this week to get a pacemaker out of her stomach that was causing her problems. They think possibly that she has an infection of some kind or its the medication she is taking. I dont know alot of details. I just keep hearing bits and pieces from different people. She is now in a different health clinic in Cleveland somewhere getting treated. I guess she is not only health wise unstable but she isn't doing to good mentally either. I know she was on medication for severe depression but other than that I don't know much. We talked to Dayle on Thursday and she said she is doing ok. We havent heard anything since. I am very grateful for the wards involvement in all of this and that Dayles heart is opening up alot! Maybe something good will come out of it. Anyways thats the latest with Jocelyn. Keep her in your prayers.
As for everything else...
Donny cancelled his appointment again this week. He text us and said something came up with his daughter and he would give us a call later. We still havent heard anything. Its heart breaking to watch someone that is so prepared not progress!! Sister Everson and I had to come home a say a heart felt prayer to Heavenly Father for strength and support. It was good to feel the spirit and to be reminded that he has a plan for everything. Donny will be ready on the Lords time. For now we'll just give him his space.
Im learning a lot about love these days; Love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, Love for family, Love for all people. Do you realize that it all started with love? The plan of our Heavenly Father revolves around his love for us and the way we choose to live our life here all depends on our love for him and for Jesus Christ. Its neat to think about huh....
I'm lucky to have you guys! I love and miss you all very much!
Thanks for letting me know about my grandmas. Im glad to here they are doing better and will keep them in my prayers.
I hope everything is going well for you guys back home. Sorry I haven't written anyone lately. I can't seem to find the time these days. Mitch you not going crazy promise....I bad and havent written you back yet BUT I will today!
I glad you got my pictures! and thanks for looking for warmer clothes for me! I definitely will need warmer things! I have zero time to look for anything so i really do appreciate all your help! Can't wait for thermals!

I love you guys and can't wait until next week to write again!!

Lots of Love,
Sister Houston

P.S. SEND ME PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!
mom - yes you can send me the Nov Ensign. I would love that!! Thanks for you letters this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment