Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fabulous Friday in Ohio!!

We got an email from Tori this week, let's just say it's priceless. Too funny to not share. Hope you all enjoy! She is doing great!!

Email from Tori:

Thank you so much for all the goodies! The pj's are so cute and the perfume smells yummy. Popcorn, peanuts, cookies, fruit snacks, gold fish, CARMEL CAKE....oh my you guys know me so well!!! and all the note pads and envelopes, perfect!! You seriously have know idea how much you made my day! I don't even know how to describe this week. I should probably start with Friday. I'm sure after I explain every thing that happened it will sum up how tiring and frantic my days are here.....hmmmm....maybe I wont tell you....idk....its so embarrassing.....
ok so prepare to laugh really hard....mom you might even pee a little......
Ok so Friday, I get up at 6, we go running at the track, come home, get ready and then start personal study. We study for an hour and then have companion study for another hour finishing at 10. Ok so im completely dressed I just needed to brush my teeth, put my shoes on and make a lunch to bring with us. We had an appointment at 10:30 with a less active out in our area, which is like 20 minutes away. So Im trying to hurry, run into the room keeping the lights off and put my shoes on, run get my lunch and out the door we went.
Ok so we have a great lesson with Jackie, the less active, and when we get in the car Sister Stewart points out that I don't have my name tag on. Oh great!! I don't have the most important thing and we are getting ready to go tracting for an hour!! I'm so embarrassed but its ok right thats why i have long hair to cover it up, no one will notice.
So we start tracting, go to a few of homes and while walking I look down and see that I have TWO DIFFERENT SHOES ON!!!! Sister Stewart here's me gasp so loud and turns around! Seriously we just sat there laughing hysterically FOREVER!!! All morning I've been walking around with out my name tag and with two completely different shoes on! Who does that???? How in the world did I not notice that my shoes didn't match?? The worst part was that we still had like 30 minutes of tracting to do before we could take a lunch and remember that our house is 20 minutes away!! Sister Stewart was not going to let me go back and change but eventually she did, thank goodness!! So for lunch we head back out to the house, have lunch, take a picture of my poor self and head back out to continue tracting.
We tracted for an hour and a half Friday, it was so hot and no one wanted to listen to us. I still haven't met the investigators that Sister Stewart and her last companion are working on, everyone has been cancelling. So its safe to say that by Friday, I was pretty worn out and discouraged.
After tracting we headed to sites and where I got all my wonderful mail!!! I got like six letters and your package!! It couldn't of come on a more perfect day. It made me smile and so happy to hear how everyone is doing back home and to hear from a few who I haven't heard from yet! Amber sent me a t-shirt and Candice sent a CD! More perfectly, everyone said the exact words I needed to hear to remind me again why I'm here and to keep my chin up!!
So that is just a quick sum of this week. Its crazy here as you can tell but I'm growing to love it. Everyday I recognize something I need to work on better and as I do this I know I will be better prepare to help those in my path.
Thank you all so much for your letters. You have know idea how much they help and strengthen me.
Oh and dont worry I took a picture of my self with no tag and different shoes. I'm going to send home my SD card so you all can see :)
Well I better go. I hope everyone is doing well! I'm going to write you guys letters later today to answer more of your questions you've been asking me because I don't have time to email everyone back today so look for them.
I love you all!!
Sis. Houston

Seriously, how did she not know that she had two different shoes on! Especially Tori!! We just can't figure it out. Ha, ha, ha.

Bus ride at 4am to head to OHIO

Finally there!!

Her companion, Sis. Stewart

Lake Erie

First Package from home, yay!!
Strawberry Festival

Kirtland Visitor Sites
Playing Ultimate Frisbee



Yay for Tori!! We love and miss her, but she is doing so awesome. Keep the letter coming to her she really enjoys hearing from everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment