Tuesday, April 19, 2011

THE WORK IS GOING FORWARD

Sister Houston's email
March 23, 2011

Hi family,
How are you all???
I'm doing good. I'm glad that my email and pictures went through last week. I was worried it wouldnt since our computer is an old grandpa :)
Anyways, its been a good week. Another transfer coming to an end.....so sad. They just seem to go by faster and faster every time. Wednesday is transfer day. That means next Tuesday is p-day and Sunday I'll find out if I'm being transferred or not. I've been in Solon for three so i'm pretty sure that I'll be transferred. We'll just have to wait and see!
Oh! I have great news! Marlayn and her mom Felice came to sacrament meeting on Sunday! Woohoo!!!
We hadn't heard back from them about setting up a time to come over so Sister Lyman and I dropped on by Saturday. They were both just hanging out around the house getting things ready for there move...just your typical Saturday afternoon. We had helped clean up a little and then we read the first chapter of the book of mormon with them. Marlayn had read part of it last week but she didnt comprehend any of it. When we asked her what she had learned she said "Oh it was just about the John Smith guy." Oh my my....
As we read through the first chapter with them, we stopped and discussed it. Both of their reading levels are low so we had read it very slowly. As far as we know Felice doesnt even read. Even though they didn't quite catch on as quick as we had hoped for, by the end of the chapter they had felt and recognized the spirit brought by the book of mormon.
Then we had talked with them about church...again, and asked why they didnt come. I guess last week Felice had been all dressed and ready to go. She asked Marlayn if she was ready and Marlayn the little stinker said no! She wasn't happy because her sister made her mad. Apparently after that she didn't want to do anything. Sister Lyman and I had felt that maybe what was keeping them from coming to church was the fact that it was three hours long :)
So when we talked about maybe started off small and just coming to sacrament meeting they jumped right on the idea. They both promised to come and they did! They even were right on time. After our lesson on Saturday Felice said the closing prayer for the first time! She was so nervous! They are doing so great. Progress is moving slowly but they continue to recognize the goodness and peace these things bring into their lives. Just one more week and then they head to North Carolina. Its ok though. Apparently Marlayn and I are now facebook buddies! Oh my my.....heehee
Well anyways, thats the highlight of the week. The work is going forward and the Lord is refining me day by day so that I may be a more effective instrument for him. Its rough and hard to handle, but with these hard times i've come to just rely on the lord. By doing so I've recognize the goodness of God in my life and the peace that comes knowing that he loves me so it makes it all worth it in the end. I can say more confidently that our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers.
I love you family. I love this gospel. I love that I have this opportunity. My testimony is becoming more deeply rooted and honestly its what keeps me going.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Spring is here!

Love,
Sister Houston

PS Oh Mitchell....i have my guess ready!!!! I'm guessing that you are going to be serving in NEW YORK!!!! I think there are a million different missions there so I pretty sure i cant go wrong :) heehee
k keep me posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment